Emergency Field Guide
NFPA is putting life-saving information in your hands for Electric/Hybrid on-scene reference. NFPA’s Electric Vehicle Emergency Field Guide is an easy-to-use, quick reference guide that covers all current makes and models of hybrid and electric passenger cars. All vehicle information has been reviewed by the manufacturers for technical accuracy, and the guide incorporates NHTSA’s "Interim Guidance for High Voltage Vehicles".
This Field Guide includes vehicle specific guides from all the top manufacturers and includes information on:
- Initial response
- Damaged high voltage batteries
- Primary and alternate shutdown procedures
- High voltage component locations
- Vehicle specific cautions and warnings
- Airbag/SRS diagrams
Order your copy of the Electric Vehicle Emergency Field Guide today!
Our Electric Vehicle Safety Training team started a nationwide training tour in July 2011, delivering EV classroom training to thousands of emergency responders. Now the same training is available online. This dynamic, self-paced course includes all the same topics covered in the classroom course:
- Introduction to hybrid and electric vehicle
- Basic electrical concepts
- Vehicle systems and charging stations
- Identification methods
- Immobilization process
- Disabling procedures
- Extrication operations
- Incidents involving charging stations
- High voltage battery damage
This interactive training program provides emergency responders with the tools and information they need to safely handle emergency situations involving EVs, PHEVs, and charging stations. Participate in this online training today!